Chief Operating Officer (COO)
JB SPORTS is a local retail company established in the year 1994. The company has developed froma sports shop to a succesful fashion and Lifestyle retail store.
Overall Job Function
To provide day to day leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and that people systems are in place to effectively grow the organisation and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operatins of the company and the work line managers
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Participate in expansion activities
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Bachelor of Accounting Science/Business Administration
- 5 years experience in an operational role
- Commecial awareness
- Ability to make decisions
- Ability to cope with pressure
- Numeric skills
- IT skills (report writing adn presentation)
- Good leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills, particularly in negotiating
- Effective organisational skills
JB Sports offers a competitive and market related remuneration, commensurate with qualificatino and experience for the deserving candidate.
Submit a detailed CV with all the relevant documents (Qualifications, references and certificates) at Gaborone International Commerce Park, Plot 41, unit 5 or email: email@example.com. Address to: The HR Manager, JB Sports Group, P. O. Box 21102, Gaborone
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.