Weekly roll: travels…

Travelling isn’t just a luxury or therapeutic undertaking for some, it’s actually their job. Nowadays people travel to make a living. They are travel bloggers…

Well Covid definitely pooped on their tables and took away their daily bread. The pandemic brought with it a lot of national lockdowns and travel restrictions that almost no one could travel. The ability to move from one place to another was brought down to travel permits and most people were locked into their houses. Businesses started offering delivery services for basic needs such as food.

A few months in and the restriction were eased. Yes, eased, not completely removed. The Covid-19 task force introduced what they call Covid-19 travel zones. For you to get to a certain location outside of your Covid zone meant you needed to apply for a Covid-19 Inter-zonal travel permit. To do this, you need to gain access to an internet enables device and request for a travel permit. Without this, you would have to call the center or get someone to help you out with this.

All this had us thinking though…who has actually travelled across Covid zones. The restrictions allowed us to travel within the zone without any formal approval from Government authorities but what if someone needed to go further? We took this to the Weekly Poll and asked who amongst us has done this. The results…there was more people who had actually travelled across Covid zones thyan those that hadn’t, clearly people like or maybe need to travel more. 57% of our respondents said “yes”, they have travelled across Covid zones while the remaining 43% said “no”, they haven’t travelled across Covid zones.