Manager: Marketing and Communications
There is an exciting career opportunity available at BancABC, part of Atlas Mara for a self-motivated individual with outstanding integrity, a good track record of performance, excellent oral and written communication as well as strong interpersonal skills. As part of its growth strategy, the bank is looking for an experienced candidate with suitable technical competencies to take up the above opportunity.
The Manager, will work with the Head, Marketing & Communications, to develop and implement strategic and operational marketing plans including promotions, campaigns and advertising that support business activities.
- Execute customer, product and brand research activities to inform the product development and pricing strategies
- Interpret the insights from various research to inform the marketing plans and deliver a comprehensive customer segmentation approach which provides an understanding of the behaviour, needs and attitudes of customer groups
- Continuously determine customer segmentation basis and recommend suitable product approaches and marketing programmes to target and sustain viable segments
- Work with company management to develop and execute brand plans
- Continuously conduct market and competitor analysis for management information
- Manage production of all publications ensuring adherence to franchise standards
- Work with store management to develop store-specific promotions to meet store targets
- Relationship management of local media companies and agencies and negotiate on price and quality.
- Develop and deliver a social media strategy and manage the company’s social media platforms
- Oversee the corporate social responsibility agenda and leverage on local and global initiatives for the benefit of the company
- Relevant educational qualification required
- A strong understanding of marketing and communications and consumer behaviour
- Strategic thinking, flexing and implementation skills
- Proven ability to establish credibility and network, build and maintain good relationships with sponsorship partners and agencies
- Solution-focused, creative and flexible thinker with a strong “can do” attitude
- Personal authority with proven ability to establish relationships and exert influence at all levels of the Bank and with other external stakeholders
- Strong programme, project and change management skills
- Excellent research skills
- Strong writing abilities, with an ability to take complex terms and translate them into both plain English and Setswana
- Basic art direction skills, creativity, both visually and in writing
- Independent, self-organised, proactive, deadline-driven, robust and resilient with integrity and ethics
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Banking/Financial Services firm, or professional experience in the marketing and communications field
Interested and qualified candidates should please send a 5minute long creative video indicating your suitability to this role via dropbox to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.