PRINCIPAL LEGAL SERVICES OFFICER
Botswana Unified Revenue Service (BURS) is a semi-autonomous organization of Government responsible for assessing and collecting tax revenue as well as border administration. BURS invites dynamic, self- motivated and qualified citizens of Botswana to apply for the above post.
Main Purpose of the Job
To render legal advice to user departments, deliver day to day work relating to contract and legislative drafting, including monitoring BURS contracts, revenue laws, intergovernmental agreements and legal resource books. To conduct litigation and resolution of appeals arising from the exercise of powers or duties under the revenue laws, including revenue appeals, revenue debt collection and criminal prosecutions.
Key Performance Areas
1. Timely provision of accurate legal advice
2. Quality of legal advice resulting in minimal successful challenges to BURS’ activities and actions.
3. Cost effective provision of legal services
4. Timely delivery and availability of legal documents and advice
5. Quality Customer service
6. Comprehensive drafting and reviewing of legislation and other legal instruments
- Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized University.
- Must be admitted as an Attorney at Law. A specialisation in Taxation and/or Commercial Law will be an added advantage.
- Technical Expertise
- Critical Thinking
- Creativity & Innovation
- Team Leadership
- Planning & Organising
- At least four (4) years relevant post qualification experience in a public prosecution environment, two (2) of which should have been at Senior Officer Level or equivalent.
All applications should be addressed to;
Director Human Resources
Botswana Unified Revenue Service,
Plot 54379 CBD, Tower Block- 5th Floor
Private Bag 0013
Note: Candidates who meet the requirements for the above mentioned positions should apply and attach the necessary supporting documents. BURS will only enter into correspondence with shortlisted candidates.
For any information regarding these positions, please contact the Human Resources Division at these extensions: 3638472 (M. Bothata), 3638351 (A. B. Tlhankane), 3638832 (E. Mmereki) and 3638446 (O. Mohumanegi)