OPERATIONAL RISK SPECIALIST x 3
Botswana Unified Revenue Service (BURS) is a semi-autonomous organization of Government responsible for assessing and collecting tax revenue as well as border administration. BURS invites dynamic, self- motivated and qualified citizens of Botswana to apply for the above post.
Main Purpose of the Job
To conduct, analyse and recommend new risk profiling methods in order to meet the Large Taxpayer Unit (LTU) objectives and review and enhance analysis in order to identify and assess non-compliance risks. To assess potential risk areas and recommend compliance interventions.
To organise and implement a programme of interventions to minimise and combat tax evasion by multinational corporations and promote voluntary taxpayer compliance by ensuring that every taxpayer pays correct tax in accordance with Income Tax, Value Added Tax, and Capital Transfer Tax Acts aimed at promoting voluntary compliance and maximisation of tax revenue in accordance with procedures and international standards of tax administration and confidentiality of information.
Key Performance Areas
1. Achievement of tax revenue targets
2. Compliance with procedures and work targets
3. Minimise queries from taxpayers
4. Customer relations
5. Training of staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Auditing, Commerce or related qualification. Membership of an internationally recognized institute of professional accountants such as ACCA, CIMA or CA or postgraduate qualifications in Risk Management will be an added advantage.
- Technical Expertise
- Critical Thinking
- Creativity & Innovation
- Team Leadership
- Planning & Organising
- At least four (4) years relevant post qualification experience in the accounting, audit, legal and tax/customs administration profession, preferably in a Revenue Service/Customs Administration environment, of which two (2) years should have been at Senior Officer level or equivalent.
All applications should be addressed to;
Director Human Resources
Botswana Unified Revenue Service,
Plot 54379 CBD, Tower Block- 5th Floor
Private Bag 0013
Note: Candidates who meet the requirements for the above mentioned positions should apply and attach the necessary supporting documents. BURS will only enter into correspondence with shortlisted candidates.
For any information regarding these positions, please contact the Human Resources Division at these extensions: 3638472 (M. Bothata), 3638351 (A. B. Tlhankane), 3638832 (E. Mmereki) and 3638446 (O. Mohumanegi)