Internal Audit Manager
Purpose of the Role:
Monitoring and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of Letshego’s internal control environment. Reviewing and assessing the corporate governance processes and practices to ensure they are aligned to the company.
- Development and implementation of risk based annual audit work plan in consultation with the Regional Head of Audit and the country CEO.
- To conduct detailed financial, operational and compliance audits and prepare timely reports in line with the audit work plan.
- Management and support of audit staff in the conduct of all internal audit assignments and ensure that work done is compliant to Letshego Audit Guide.
- Tracking the implementation of audit recommendations to ensure closure of issues highlighted in audit engagements.
- Assessment of the accomplishment of corporate goals and objectives
- Meetings with external auditors to maximize knowledge sharing and avoid duplication of effort.
- Prepare quarterly summaries of key audit findings and present to the Board of directors.
- Carry out ad-hoc and non-routine audit assignments and investigations as may be assigned by management in consultation with the Regional Audit Manager and Group Head of Audit.
- Facilitate identification of business improvement opportunities and optimization of resource utilization.
- Demonstrate flexibility and takes responsibility for completing work plan.
- University degree in business, preferably in Accounting or Finance from a recognized University
- A registered member of ACCA.
- CIA, CISA or both will be an added advantage.
- Risk based planning and sampling
- Professional engagement with business managers
- Effective communication of audit weaknesses
- Effective report writing
- Proper filing and cross referencing of audit working papers.
- Timeliness, thoroughness and neatness in reporting of findings.
- Maintain team work which is beneficial to the audit team.
- Carry out audit assignment as per international professional practices framework.
- Working experience of at least three years at a senior level
- Job holder should be a person of high integrity, good moral standing in the office and outside.
- Arising from the above, job holder should be a good reference to all staff by coming to office on time and not absconding from duty.
- The person should be detail-oriented, organized and good time manager with excellent communication and presentation skills.
Interested employees should forward their applications accompanied by Curriculum Vitae to the provided email address.
STANDARD DISCLAIMER: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.