CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Fair competition is critical to the economic growth of Botswana. The Competition Authority plays a key role in the prevention of, and redress for, anti-competitive practises in the economy, and the removal of constraints on the free play of competition in the market.
The Competition Commission (the Authority’s Board), is looking for an experienced and inspiring leader to optimise the performance of the Authority whilst leading a significant change process.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Champion fair competition in Botswana through the optimal and strategic use of the Authority’s resources to:
- Monitor anti-competitive trade practices
- Research and identify impediments to fair competition
- Advocate legislative and policy changes appropriate to fair competition
- Seek redress for anti-competitive trade practices through initiating investigations and determining whether to refer cases to the Competition Commission
- Regulating the merger of enterprises in the best interests of the nation
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law, Economics, Business Administration, Commerce, Communications, Public Administration or a related field.
- A Master’s degree in a related field would be an added advantage.
- Strategic Planning,
- Business Acumen,
- Systems Evaluation,
- Analytical Skills,
- Results Oriented,
- Critical Thinking,
- Judgement and Decision Making,
- Negotiation and Advocacy,
- Relationship Management,
- Change Management,
- Project Management,
- Impact and Influence,
- Leadership and Management, and
- At least 10 years broad based post qualification experience in a relevant field with demonstrable leadership at a senior managerial level
- Experience working with senior decision makers, and leading and motivating mixed professional teams in the delivery of high quality, timely outputs, managing staff performance and developing talent
Deloitte Consulting will be providing support to the recruitment process. Electronic submissions together with a copy of the applicant’s latest CV should be sent via e-mail to ZAgbedcrecruitment@deloitte.com