Business Development Director
Okavango Diamond Company (ODC), is a rough diamond marketing company, offering its global customers access to scale supply of rough diamonds from Botswana. ODC is a principal supplier to the sector with sales in the region of $500 million per annum representing the largest source of guaranteed Botswana production in the diamond industry.
ODC has been embarking on an exciting journey with new projects and objectives in its sights. An exceptional team will be required to deliver on these and ODC is looking for two professionals to join their Executive team. To succeed you will have to be at the top of your field and share their drive, dedication and results orientation.
Overview of role
Responsible for identifying and developing new medium and long term business opportunities. A full member of Exco, the role is responsible for overseeing the Commercial and IT departments of the business.
This role is suited to those possessing both a strategic and an entrepreneurial flair, coupled with a talent for execution. In conjunction with the senior management team, you will be responsible for:
- Discovering and delivering new medium and long-term business opportunities (products, services, initiatives and strategic partnerships).
- As opportunities are identified, you will be responsible for driving the initiatives through to completion.
- An aptitude for project management will be required, with a keen eye on managing costs and schedules.
- You will have oversight of the Commercial and IT functions where you will be recommending budget and resource management decisions to the Executive.
- A Business/Commerce related degree or appropriate Executive Development Programme
- 10 to 15 years'Managerial or strategic decision making experience
- Substantive experience operating at a senior level