Internal Audit Manager
Careerpool Botswana is the best place to find jobs in Botswana. An employment platform designed to allow employers to advertise jobs and for candidates to find them. A cost effective advertising solution available on all platforms (online, mobile phones, tablets etc). The site is easy to use so that your entire HR and Recruitment team can advertise jobs and search for candidates directly.
Careerpool Botswana is the most prominent job board in Botswana and the place to advertise and find jobs online.
The Companies and Intellectual Property Authority (CIPA), is a newly established autonomous body that has been established in terms of the Companies and Intellectual Property Authority Act no 14 of 2011. The Authority is charged with the responsibility of implementing four different acts, namely: The Companies Act, Registration of Business Names Act, Industrial Property Act and the Copyright and Neighbouring Rights Act.
Main purpose of the job
To plan, organise and coordinate CIPA's audit function to ensure the Authority is provided with an independent and objective assurance service designed to add value and improve the Authority's operations.
- Performing operational audits by evaluate weaknesses and risks in client business processes;
- Develop, Implement and monitor divisional annual plan, and align the divisional goals to the overall corporate objectives.
- Evaluate weaknesses and risks in systems, assess macro effect of audit findings on operating processes and company performance.
- Responsible for the monthly and quarterly tactical planning and monitoring of main operations within the organisation.
- Manage execution and on-time delivery by setting priorities and milestones, translating initiatives into plans and schedules, and coordinating activities.
- Monitoring demands on a process or operation and matching resources to ensure business continuity.
- Acquiring and ensuring optimal utilisation of resources by taking into account constraints, peaks and troughs.
- Developing and implementing monitoring, measurement and tracking processes and/or systems
- Application of a complete range of auditing tools as methodology
- Examines the accuracy and completeness of records and procedures for internal control to safeguard CIPA’s assets and ensures different areas of the Authority are in compliance with policies, procedures, regulations and laws
- Reduction in non-compliance arising out of internal interventions.
- Minimise external audit queries (including a reduction in audit fees).
- Reports audit findings and makes recommendations to mitigate risk directly to the Authority’s Finance and Audit Committee
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent AND Associate membership of a recognised accounting body (ACCA, CIMA, CA, CIA)
- Ability to deliver on target and on time, efficiently
- Risk management
- Financial management
- Coaching and developing
- Ability to lead teams
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills
- Eight years’ experience in an internal audit environment, of which three should have been served in a managerial position
- Expert knowledge of audit planning, corporate governance, risk management. Demonstrated knowledge of the latest developments in international financial/accounting/internal audit management practices and standards
Only applicants who meet the requirements need to apply highlighting their qualifications, experience and names of at least two (2) traceable referees. Certified copies of relevant certificates and a detailed CV must accompany applications addressed to:
Human Resource Manager
Companies and Intellectual Property Authority
P O Box 102