INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICERS (67 POSITIONS)
FIXED-TERM CONTRACT OF 3 YEARS
The Universal Access and Service Fund (UASF or the Fund) is a development-oriented entity that was established in April 2014 to promote national access to essential communication services (telecommunications, Internet, broadcasting and postal). In guarding against possible discrimination in terms of geographical location and income status of individuals and communities, price and quality of communication services, the UASF promotes universal access through providing financial assistance (subsidies or grants) to different entities to enable delivery of services to areas that may be deemed commercially unviable. The Fund is situated at the Head Office of its Secretariat, Botswana Communications Regulatory Authority (BOCRA), Plot 50671, Independence Avenue, Gaborone. The UASF invites applications from qualified citizens of Botswana for the Position of Information Technology (IT) Officers tenable at Primary Schools in Mabutsane Sub-District, Gantsi District, and Kgalagadi Districts;
The position is tenable at selected Primary Schools in:
- Mabutsane Sub-District - 17 Positions;
- Kgalagadi District – 31 Positions; and
- Ghanzi District – 19 Positions.
The 67 Primary schools are listed on the attached link. Applicants should apply for One District of Interest (Mabutsane, Kgalagadi or Ghanzi) and indicate under the District, a maximum of Three (3) Preferred Primary Schools from which the successful applicant will be considered for only One (1) School.
However, the UASF does NOT guarantee placement of successful applicants at their preferred schools. A candidate may be placed at any other school within his/her chosen region.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the UASF, Regional Officer from the Department of Information Technology under the Ministry of Transport and Communications, and School Head Master, successful candidates will carry out duties that include the following;
- Assist in the installation, maintenance and administration of software systems
- Assist in the installation, maintenance and administration of the computer network
- Troubleshooting, support, maintenance of IT equipment
- Provide end-user support and administration
- Ensure timely recording and reporting of all problems to do with all IT equipment
- Plan and schedule all work within target, keeps updated records and prepares monthly/quarterly reports on all areas of work
- Maintain a fully functional computer laboratory and up to date inventory of ICT equipment
- Train users on the use of computers and useful packages such as Microsoft Office, to ensure transfer of skills on general computer usage, data capturing, report generation, basic programming etc
- Orientation, induction and introducing users to coding
- Participates actively on any computer-based projects, tasks or activities running in the school
- Identify and work with community groups in the village/region on ICT related engagements
- Undertake different areas of ICT research in the region of deployment.
- Evaluating and reporting on the progress of users in the assigned schools to the UASF
- Advising on the choice of ebooks, equipment, applications, and other educational resources
- Contributing to the development of suitable digital literacy content
- Assist the school in setting up a fully functional ICT Club
- Any other users aligned to the duties of an IT Officer
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology/ Systems or equivalent.
- Excellent analytical thinking and diagnostic skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work and achieve goals without close supervision
- Ability to diagnose hardware and software problems diligently
- Ability to conduct training and informational sessions
- Ability to code in an universally recognised programming language
- Pro-active and initiative
- Effective Team player
- Good interpersonal relations
- No experience is required. The position is at entry level.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT; Fixed-Term Contract of 3 Years.
RESERVATION AND PREFERENCE; The IT Officer positions are reserved for citizens of Botswana only.
APPLICATIONS; Only candidates that meet the stipulated requirements should apply and enclose the following;
- Certified Copy of National Identity Card (Omang)
- Curriculum Vitae
IMPORTANT; Applications should be sent through the link below: bocra.jb.skillsmapafrica.com
The UASF will respond to shortlisted candidates only.
For further information or clarification please contact the Human Resources Department at +267 3685500.
The List of rimary Schools is given at - https://www.bocra.org.bw/sites/default/files/Job%20adverts/UASF%20Vacanc...