Head-Operational Risk Management- IRC155090
Careerpool Botswana is the best place to find jobs in Botswana. An employment platform designed to allow employers to advertise jobs and for candidates to find them. A cost effective advertising solution available on all platforms (online, mobile phones, tablets etc). The site is easy to use so that your entire HR and Recruitment team can advertise jobs and search for candidates directly.
Careerpool Botswana is the most prominent job board in Botswana and the place to advertise and find jobs online.
To provide leadership and ownership for the bank’s operational risk management strategy
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in developing and maintaining the co-ordinated and structured process for effective risk management including integration of risk management framework for all aspects of operational risks across the whole organisation
- Ensure that operational risk management policies are implemented effectively across the Bank. Coordinate, analyze and consolidate risks reporting to the Business Unit Heads and relevant risk committees
- Ensure sufficient actions are under taken to mitigate, reduce or contain the identified risks. Undertake and / or coordinate quarterly business monitoring (self-assessment) activities, escalating issues to Risk Committees & senior management
- Develop and maintain relationships with Business units, Audit , Group and other stakeholders and actively coordinate efforts to enhance the general risk management culture across the Bank through initiation and support of risk based change management programs
- Monitor and review process effectiveness of controls and implementation of strategies through implementation of the Bank’s Operational Risk Management Framework
- Assist in preparation, coordination and administration for the various risk committees ensuring that appropriate risk monitoring, assessments and reports are in place for corrective action to taken where risk breaches are identified
- Support and assist with the implementation of the Basel II & III framework in the bank’s operations
- Ensure compliance with business continuity requirements across the Bank
- Manage a team of operational risk specialists to drive performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Equivalent
- Masters degree would be an added advantage
- Knowledgeable on different products and services across the banking industry
- Understanding of operational risk classes
- Knowledge of risk processes and tools
- Ability to influence directly and indirectly
- Ability to exercise best judgment in applying risk management strategies to any give set of facts and circumstances to arrive at a decision or opinion
- Understanding of compliance
- Leadership experience
- Minimum six years’ experience in banking and/or risk management in a banking environment.
- Audit experience will be an added advantage
Interested applicants are requested to log onto https:www.firstrandjobs.mobi/ and apply.