Executive Assistant to the Director of Operations & Finance
Careerpool Botswana is the best place to find jobs in Botswana. An employment platform designed to allow employers to advertise jobs and for candidates to find them. A cost effective advertising solution available on all platforms (online, mobile phones, tablets etc). The site is easy to use so that your entire HR and Recruitment team can advertise jobs and search for candidates directly.
Careerpool Botswana is the most prominent job board in Botswana and the place to advertise and find jobs online.
The Executive Assistant (EA) is responsible for providing high-level support to the Director of Operations & Finance and relieves administrative functions and duties in order to increase the Director’s availability for executive-level responsibilities. The Executive Assistant position is one that is highly regarded and respected. It should not be compared with that of a secretary. By nature of the role, the EA will be working directly with executive level management, and coming into constant contact with key stakeholders of the organization. Support in policy and operational procedure formulation through applied research is considered one of the primary responsibilities of the EA. At times, the Executive Assistant may be requested to act on behalf of the Director in his or her absence. Therefore, strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential values expected from the EA. Valuable experience is both expected in applicable candidates and will similarly be gained during the tenure of the contract.
*Candidates might be expected to undergo a written communication assessment.
- Manage daily administrative functions and duties
- Conduct daily briefings with the Director
- Organize and manage daily schedule
- Perform timely and accurate research
- Formulate and conduct reports
- Manage all incoming and outgoing communication
- Compose and edit letters, correspondence, policies
- Coordinate, arrange, and participate in meetings with or on behalf of the Director
- Record and document meeting minutes
- Support the Director in working closely and liaising with key internal and external stakeholders
- Design and implement operational procedures and policies under the supervision of the Director
- Prepare agendas for meetings, briefing materials, and presentations
- Perform any other duties specified by the Director
- Degree in Business, Commerce, Management, Marketing, Communication or any related degree.
- Minimum 3 years work experience at a reputable organization – exposure to executive management level under the same capacity preferred.
- Effective and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen ability in logistical management and planning
- Keen understanding and experience in marketing
- Advanced computer literacy including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong research capabilities
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Event management and planning experience highly desired
- Elevated level of professionalism and a strong ability to relate to people of all business levels
- Project Management experience highly desired
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Passionate, enthusiastic, and a team player with good judgment and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Sensitive towards cultural diversity with an ability to work well in a global environment
All applications must be accompanied with:
- New Era Employment Application form (http://www.neweracollege.ac.bw/newera-downloads/cid/8/employment-applica...)
- Resume (CV)
- Cover letter
- Certified copies of educational and professional certificates and transcripts
- Certified copies of Omang/Passport
- Three (3) current references
Compensation & Benefits
- Annual basic salary of P90, 000 (ninety thousand pula)
- 50% medical aid coverage scheme A
- Air-time allowance
FULL – TIME – 2 YEARS CONTRACT