Director, Corporate Services
Careerpool Botswana is the best place to find jobs in Botswana. An employment platform designed to allow employers to advertise jobs and for candidates to find them. A cost effective advertising solution available on all platforms (online, mobile phones, tablets etc). The site is easy to use so that your entire HR and Recruitment team can advertise jobs and search for candidates directly.
Careerpool Botswana is the most prominent job board in Botswana and the place to advertise and find jobs online.
The Competition Authority is constituted in terms of section 4 of the Competition Act of 2009. The main purpose of the Authority is prevention of, and redress for anti-competitive practices in the economy. The Authority requires the services of a knowledgeable, highly skilled and self–driven citizen to apply for the above position.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To manage, direct and coordinate the operations of the Corporate Services Department, ensuring financial management and corporate governance is in accordance with legislation and international accounting standards; the implementation of best practice human resources strategies and interventions; the efficient management of procurement and the supply chain; and the application of information technology that effectively supports the services delivery standards of the organisation.
Key Performance Areas
- An effective financial control environment, corporate governance and informative financial management reporting.
- Successful development and execution of the Human Resource Management Strategy.
- Information Technology and document and knowledge management platforms that effectively support the business needs and requirements.
- Successful development and execution of the Procurement Policy and Strategy in an effective control and governance environment with maximum return.
- A degree in business administration, social sciences or related field with proven experience in financial and administrative matters, human resources and a sound understanding of IT matters.
- A master’s degree or an internationally recognised relevant professional qualification would be an added advantage.
- Planning and Organising,
- Business Acumen,
- Systems Evaluation,
- Judgement and Decision Making,
- Leadership and Management,
- Project Management,
- Change Management and Impact and Influence.
- At least 10 years’ post qualification experience, 3 of which should be at a management level in one of finance, human resources, procurement or information technology.
- A strong background of management of multifunctional departments/divisions including finance, human resources, information technology and procurement.
Remuneration and Terms: The above position is on fixed term contract. It offers competitive remuneration and terms as contained in the General Terms and Conditions of Service of the Competition Authority, and awaits the right and most suitable candidate.
Method of Application: Candidates who meet the requirements for the above mentioned position should apply and enclose comprehensive curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, copy of Omang and at least two work related references from current or previous employers. All applications should be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Private Bag 00101
Or Hand Deliver at:
Plot 28, Matsitama Road
Main Mall, Gaborone
For more information regarding this position, please contact the Human Resources Office at 3934278.
Competition Authority will enter into correspondence only with shortlisted candidates.