Careerpool Botswana is the best place to find jobs in Botswana. An employment platform designed to allow employers to advertise jobs and for candidates to find them. A cost effective advertising solution available on all platforms (online, mobile phones, tablets etc). The site is easy to use so that your entire HR and Recruitment team can advertise jobs and search for candidates directly.
Careerpool Botswana is the most prominent job board in Botswana and the place to advertise and find jobs online.
Aveng Moolmans, one of the largest opencast mining contractors in Africa, offers a complete open-pit mining capability with over 40 years’ experience in both hard and soft rock environments. In addition to its drill, blast, load and dump capabilities, Aveng Moolmans is well placed to provide mine planning, survey, production scheduling and grade control expertise.
The above position has become available within Aveng Moolmans.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
(DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Initiating the implementation of applicable safety and legal standards and codes of practice in the workplace
- Communicating and implementing the company’s policies, goals and objectives within the workplace
- Effective management of the operational mining value chain to the agreed business plan
- Ensuring the execution of the mining contract to plan
- Being the representative of Moolman Mining Botswana on site and be the liaison person with the client
- Researching, analysing and resolving routine contractual issues
- Setting departmental targets and monitor performance against targets
- Identifying best practices to provide a source of competitive advantage through championing continuous improvement initiatives
- Determining the human and material resources needed for efficient execution of the contract
- Participation in the drawing of tenders and review of contracts in conjunction with the Director.
- Coach and train team members for their development whilst resolving dysfunctional behaviour
- Providing business unit leadership, team guidance and management direction.
- Prepare annual, monthly and rolling budgets and forecasts and use the same to monitor performance
- Diploma/Degree in Mining
- Botswana Blasting licence
- Good safety management track record.
- Strong leadership and extensive management acumen
- Excellent communication and interpersonal etiquette
- Sharp negotiation and persuasion talent
- Focused on absolute customer satisfaction
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Ten years contract mining experience in an Open cast mining environment with at least 4 years as a Contract / Project Manager
This position reports to the Director and is tenable at Karowe Mine.
All applications including CV, contact details and covering letter should be sent to:
The HR Manager, Moolman Mining Botswana, P/Bag F449, Francistown or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org