Chief Executive Officer
Botswana Agricultural Marketing Board (BAMB) seeks the services of qualified, Innovative, results oriented and self-driven individual for the position of Chief Executive Officer.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) reprts directly to the Board of Directors through it's Chairperson. The CEO is responsible for charting the strategic direction BAMB and the achievment of BAMB's corporate goals, hence guides and oversees its overall operations and regularly reports progress and challenges faced by BAMB to the Board of Directors and other Key Stakeholders. The CEO is also responsible for developing new and imaginative ways of winning and conducting business.
- Develop in conjunction with the Board and staff innovative short, medium and long term corporate strategies to guide the growth of BAMB business and to improve the services BAMB offers to the arable sub-sector.
- Ensure consistent attainment of key corporate goals by implementing approved corporate strategy and judicious assesment of emerget business opportunities with potential to benefit BAMB
- Sustain competitive advantage by optimising the use of available resources, encouraging staff commitment and strategically aligning corporate culture with the organisation's goal and objectives.
- Establish and maintain effectie and positive relationships with Board Members and keep them abreast of the performance of BAMB and challenges encountered.
- Establish and maintain alliances with key stakeholders, such as customers, suppliers and other business liaisons for the benefit of BAMB business.
- Enhance BAMB's visibility and public image by undertaking the role of key company spokesperson.
- Represent BAMB at high level forums and meetings.
- Manage and sustain the Government Strategic Grain Reserve
- Post graduate degree in Business Management or related area
- Strategic and business focus
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Business Orientation
- At least eight years' experience in business management, four of which are at senior management level plus proven track record of industry knowledge and credibility to fulfill the reqiurements of the role.
BAMB will offer a highly competitive remuneration package to the right candidate, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of certificates and names of three (3) referees and their contact details should be submitted and addressed to;
The Board Chairperson
Botswana Agricultural Marketing Board
Private Bag 0053, Gaborone
Or email to:
NB: We will only respond to shortlisted candidates.