Symphony Health is an open/private medical aid scheme registered in April 2013 as a Trust and started operating in May 2013. The Scheme is administered by Symphonic (Pty) Ltd. The Scheme currently has offices in Plot 64516, Fairgrounds, Gaborone, Botswana.
The Scheme is a new generation medical aid and is the only one of its kind in Botswana. A new generation medical aid scheme is one that offers a Risk Pool from which “uncontrollable” cost (e.g. hospitalization) will be paid and “Medical Savings Account” from which “controllable” or day-to-day expenses (e.g. GP visits and medicines) will be paid for.
On a monthly basis, 75% of a member’s (and their dependants) premium goes towards the Risk Pool and 25% goes towards the Medical Savings Account.
Symphony Health offers five (5 comprehensive Health Plans/Benefit Options) from which a potential member can choose from, depending on their health requirements.
- Sym-Core (Traditional Plan)
- Sym-Core Save (Hospital/Savings Plan)
- Sym-Classique (Hospital/Savings & Additional Risk Benefit Plan)
- Sym-Classique Plus (Hospital/Savings & Additional Risk Benefit Plan)
- Sym-Exec (Hospital/Savings & Additional Risk Benefit Plan)