Botswana Investment & Trade Centre
Who We Are and Role
The Botswana Investment and Trade Centre (BITC) is an organisation established by an act of Parliament, to become an integrated Investment and Trade Promotion Authority (ITPA) with an encompassing mandate of investment promotion and attraction, export promotion, and development, including management of the Nation Brand. Through its critical role within Botswana’s economy, BITC further encourages domestic investment and expansion, promotes locally manufactured goods to regional and international markets, contributes towards improvement of the investment climate through policy advocacy, increases citizen participation in the economy and creates sustainable job opportunities.
BITC’s Strategic Leverage Areas
- building a competitive and attractive business environment
- national image building and global awareness creation
- focused, selective and targeted investment promotion
- sustainable export development and promotion
- national roll out of successful, positive impact special economic zones
- transforming into a 3rd generation ITPO
- effective stakeholder engagement and alignment
- effective investor facilitation and aftercare
We are completely open and transparent in all of our actions and activities. We believe in trustworthiness, conducting our affairs in an ethical and admirable fashion.
Every action or decision we make is undertaken with consideration for due process and fairness to all.
We believe in the transformative power of sustainable economic development.
We take pride in the strength of our well regulated, transparent and investor friendly business environment; focused on building capacity, driving prosperity for generations to come.
We conduct our business with skill, respect, confidence and acumen, sharing the common ideal of professionalism; placing our nation at the leading edge of global investment and trade.
To be a leading investment and trade promotion agency in Africa.
To creatively develop and promote Botswana as a competitive and attractive destination for investment and trade, and accelerate sustainable economic growth and diversification.
Our mandate covers:
- Investment promotion and attraction,
- export promotion, and development,
- management of the Nation Brand.