Botswana Innovation Hub
The BIH Science and Technology Park is located strategically on a 57 hectare site, near the Sir Seretse Khama International Airport and adjacent to the Diamond Technology Park in Gaborone, the capital city of Botswana. The Park is an ideal location for technology-driven and knowledge-intensive businesses to establish themselves, develop, and compete in the regional and global markets.
The focal point of the Hub is to provide state-of-the art buildings and facilities to attract domestic, regional and global companies to locate business as well as research and development activities within the Park, and promote technology-based innovation and entrepreneurship. This is anticipated to create downstream job creation in new manufacturing and services enterprises. The Science and Technology Park offers high quality road infrastructure, street lighting, and power and ICT connectivity. In addition to the facilities, BIH offers special incentives to companies and institutions that are registered with it. Qualifying applicants will be granted a BIH Membership Certificate which entitles them to:
- Networking, research and technical collaboration opportunities locally and internationally.
- A concessionary 15% corporate tax rate for qualifying companie.
- Eligibility to import specialised skills and personnel under a special BIH dispensation.
- Access to the Technology Entrepreneurship Programme run by BIH.
- Access to the Innovation Fund run by BIH.
- Access to a range of technology transfer and commercialization services.